Glion student testimonial: Mee Piyasombatkul

After growing up in Bangkok and spending time in London, Mee Piyasombatkul wasn’t sure what to expect from Switzerland. However, after getting to know fellow students and embracing the Glion spirit, Mee fell in love with the country and her course. She spoke to one of our Student Ambassadors, Felicia, about her time with Glion so far.

Why did you choose Glion?
I learned about Glion’s reputation and its ranking for high education in hospitality. I found that the people are very diverse, and the practical classes and work really impressed me.

What is it like living on campus?
Having flatmates creates some memorable moments. They go from being strangers to close friends. From living on campus, I feel more involved, have created new connections and my social life has become much more colourful.

How did you like living and studying in Switzerland?
I was surprised at first, as I found Switzerland very quiet when compared to lively areas like Bangkok and London. However, after a while, I felt more comfortable because of the people I met at Glion. Having new friends in a new environment is great, and it created a fun and memorable study experience in Switzerland. Furthermore, all of Glion’s students have the opportunity to travel around Europe. I found that having these opportunities was very appealing to me.

What are the best things about Glion’s facilities?
I had my practical classes for kitchen, front office, housekeeping, and food and beverage on Glion campus, and I now really miss it. I also feel the Skyline and Bellevue restaurants are the best place to visit, hang out with friends or enjoy the stunning views.

Where did you do your internships?
My first internship was at The Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong, working as a food and beverage intern. It was my first experience of working in the hospitality industry and I loved it! I had great experiences as not only did I have some of my friends from Glion also interning, I met new people from around the world. I had a one-of-a-kind experience, doing VIP events and banquets.

I then went from Hong Kong to England, doing my second internship at InterContinental London Park Lane. I also went from working with a lot of people to being in a team of just three. Working in a different department, I kept myself busy and spent a lot of time interacting with people.

How is Glion preparing you for your future career?
Glion’s practical classes – including food and beverage services, housekeeping, front office and kitchen – really helped, particularly on my first internship. Glion’s reputation also helps, as many employers recognized and hired me because they knew that I am a Glion student. Glion is an open door when it comes to networking, and has helped put me into the real working world.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.