Glion student testimonial: Karina Hartmane

Glion Student Ambassador Callum spoke to Karina Hartmane, who’s studying BBA Hospitality Management, about what it’s like to be part of the Glion community.

Why did you choose to study at Glion?

I wanted a career involving either fashion, media or marketing. As it is quite a broad spectrum, I knew I had to either choose one or combine them all. This led me to finding out about Glion. I attended a conference in London that discussed Glion’s programs, and from that I gained a clear understanding of where I wanted to study.

What is it like living on campus?

It is fun and entertaining. I spent two semesters at the Glion campus in Montreux, which had breathtaking views. There are a large variety of activities on offer, too, including football, basketball, yoga and more. Each team offers you the chance to be part of the Glion spirit.

What are the best things about the program?

Having spent time at all three of Glion’s campuses, I can honestly say that the level of professionalism in both the teachers and students is very high. The faculty and staff are always challenging us.

Can you speak about your student life and social activities?

Student life at Glion offers unique opportunities, such as being part of the Glion Wine Club, being able to travel with your fellow students and much more. I have met some fantastic people that will stay with me for life.

How do you like living and studying in Switzerland?

Switzerland is one of the leading places to study hospitality. In terms of living, Switzerland has it all – whether it be for winter skiing or summer beaches.

What are the best things about the Glion facilities?

The classes are small and more personalised, which is tremendous if you need extra help. There are also plenty of spaces for quiet study and an extensive variety of sport facilities.

Where did you do your internship, and was the best part of it?

During my third semester, I completed my internship at Excelsior Hotel in Geneva. While there, I significantly improved my time management skills, as well as the ability to work fast and under pressure.

How is Glion preparing you for your future career?

Prior to coming to Glion, I considered myself quite a shy person. Now, having spent two years in the university (as well as the hospitality industry as a whole), I have gained lots more confidence. This is thanks to the group projects and class presentations we conduct. Furthermore, I am learning how to become a true professional, including knowing the appropriate dress code and how to position myself in a team.

Are you interested in studying at Glion? Simply share your details here and one of our dedicated Education Counselors will be in touch.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.