First Impressions of Glion

It’s true that “you never get a second chance to make a first impression,” and as one of the world’s best hospitality management schools, we know exactly how much first impressions matter.

According to many of our students, the day they visited Glion was the day they decided that Glion was the only school for them. That is why we encourage prospective students and their parents or sponsors to come and experience Glion first hand. After all, choosing a university is like choosing one’s first home; it’s a decision that merits consideration and advice from trusted people.

Here, we’ve collected our student’s comments about their first impressions of Glion, and selected a few pearls of wisdom to help prospective students understand what makes Glion different.

International Environmentfirst-impressions-international

“Before enrolling at Glion, my mom and I took a trip to visit four schools in the Lake Geneva “Riviera”. My first impression of Glion was – international. I felt like I could fit in well in this environment, everyone was extremely welcoming, polite and professional.”

Vasily Grogol ‘16, BA in Hospitality Management with Finance and Revenue Management with Honor

Classy Charmfirst-impressions-ambassadors

“One of the things that impressed me the most when I first visited the school was the soft skills and the charm of the students. I never met such outgoing and classy young adults as the students who received me during the open day. I wanted to acquire those social skills myself. I was thrilled to hear that those students lived and worked day-to-day with other students from all over the world and also had amazing international work experiences at such a young age.”

Grisha Davidoff ‘15, BBA in Hospitality Management with Honors and Merits

Friendly and Inviting / A Familyfirst-impressions-glion

“I chose Glion because it is one of the leading hospitality schools in the world, and for the environment it has to offer. The term “Glion spirit” is not one “Glioners” use loosely.  From the day I took a tour of the campus, I could see and feel such a friendly and inviting environment. There was a great chemistry between the pupils and staff that showed how every person is valued and is taken seriously.”

Sara Hekal ’16, BA in Hospitality Management with Event Management

“Glion is very welcoming and has a lovely, friendly environment, the students and staff made me feel like I was part of their family and they helped me with everything I needed.”

Helene Calanca ’15, BA in Hospitality Management

Compared to Other Hotel Schoolsfirst-impressions-teacher

“I was initially accepted to another hospitality school in Lausanne. Then, Glion was recommended to me. When I visited an open day at Glion, I changed my mind.  I got the feeling that I already belonged to the Glion family.  With a smaller structure that allows more proximity and connections with the teachers, Glion was exactly what I was looking for in a university.”

Louis Leclerc ‘15 BBA in Hospitality Management with Marketing

“As with many students, I had the choice between EHL and Glion, but when you go to EHL you are confronted with an establishment that is very impersonal. One the other hand, when you first come to Glion you already feel like it’s a second home.”

Mathias Santini ’15 BBA in Hospitality Management

Personal Attentionfirst-impressions-welcoming

I knew Glion has a magnificent international reputation, but I chose Glion mainly because of its personal approach. During the admissions process, the people at Glion treated me as an individual, with respect for my personality. They showed a sincere interest in me and treated me perfectly. This sense of hospitality is important to me and it is why I decided to join the Glion community.

Rebecca Huber ’16 BSc Hospitality Management

Not like any other Universityglion-sunset

I expected GIHE to be just like any other university, having an enormous campus. Also, I expected it to be a multicultural institute with a well-trained team of teachers. I believe GIHE met my expectations at the highest level and the fact that it is not like any other university is what makes the difference.

Utkarsh Gupta ’15, BA International Events Management with Honors

“I heard about Glion, through Dauntsey’s career advisors that had a course that focused on the Event, Sport and Entertainment Management program. I flew out to Switzerland with my parents and we looked at the school and had a private tour. The ESE track is extremely focused and is unique; arguably it is the only one that exists in the world, in terms of course content. The chance to study abroad was an exciting opportunity, and the ESE program matched my interests more than other universities in the UK. Ironically, it was instantaneous; I knew after the tour that Glion was where I wanted to continue my higher education.”

Charlotte Anthony ’15 BA in International Event Management

First Choice for MBAfirst-impressions-mba

Choosing the right school and location for hospitality studies is not something to be underrated because the circumstances, curriculum, and friends affect you the most. Among the many schools in Switzerland where I applied for MBA, Glion was my first choice and I never changed my mind.  Glion is one of the best hospitality schools in the world. That fact alone is reason enough to come here.

Sandra He Zhang ’15 MBA

The Glion London Differencefirst-impressions-london

“Glion London is all about opportunities, it’s lively and enlightening – it’s definitely an experience of a lifetime. The opportunity to spend one semester on our London campus is one of the most crucial changes during my time at Glion. I get to live in London and see what one of the most mature luxury hotel markets is like, meet new people, and experience a university campus that has more than 9’000 students from 140 different countries. Glion London is a completely different university life experience than Swiss campus; here, there is an organic vegetable store, convenience store, and many different types of cafeterias around the school.”

Yvette Liu, ’17 BA Hospitality Management 

“I came to an Open Day and was impressed. To describe Glion London in three words, I would say it is ‘multicultural’, ‘professional’ and ‘distinct’. With regards to student life, you’re in London so if you can’t find what you want then you’re not looking hard enough! Glion London also provides opportunities to network in London, whether through hotel visits, on-campus presentations from hotel representatives, or by providing volunteering opportunities at events.”

Penn Chai, ’16 Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management 

Are you ready for a first impression?

As these testimonials show, first-hand experiences can make a big difference when making the important decision of where and what to study at university. That’s why we invite all candidates to visit Glion Institute of Higher Education on our campuses in Glion and Bulle in Switzerland, or Glion London in the UK.

The following links will provide you with more information on how and when to visit Glion:

Open Days
Visit Glion London
Visit Glion Switzerland

We look forward to seeing you on campus!

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.